I watched Death Sentence last night, I hadn’t realised it was quite a short film. Some emotional scenes with the Hume family, i felt it. But what impressed me the most was Garrett’s accent (and his great performance, favourite GH movie besides FNL and FB). It didn’t sound like Garrett at all, what accent was it supposed to be from?

My only regret was watching the clips online, because some scenes i’d already knew what was going to happen. I had high expectations of John Goodman but he wasn’t in many scenes, guessing there were deleted cuts too. Also, i cannot believe Matt O’Leary (Joe Darley) was from Spy Kids 2! LOL.

It wasn’t what i expected it to be but we know the reason why we watch it. lol.

What are your favourite scene(s)? Mine was, definitely the Bar scene, and when the camera zooms right to his face when waiting for the ‘response’.

Billy is a bad, bad boy.

Anyways, here are some photos from the set(—>) Thanks to Kayla for the links!

Garrett listening to music while on a bicycle, hahaha Gotta love that.

• Elle
  • Holly
  • callan
  • Mickey aka JackDrinksJack
  • Jennifer
  • Em
  • Holly
  • Tini
  • Olivia
  • kristal (foxfire)
tini
04 Sep, 2007

This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 4th, 2007 at 7:39 am and is filed under Movies. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

24 Responses to “ON THE SET: Billy Darley”

Comment by Lelani
In September 4, 2007 @ 11:57 am

haha, very true…Billy is a very very bad boy… but my favorite scene was when Garrett is on the phone with his buddy towards the end…and he finds out that Kevin Bacon is coming after him… "i'm a good customer of your sister's too…" he was hillarious… and i think his accent was like maryland…maybe an attempt of new jersey…

Comment by garrettsgirl
In September 4, 2007 @ 11:58 am

Hey Tini how did you get to see it? It hasn't started here in OZ yet! I'm so jealous! :sad:

Comment by leese
In September 4, 2007 @ 12:10 pm

fave seen was the bar scene when he poors the beer on the floor!

Comment by Haseye
In September 4, 2007 @ 4:00 pm

I wonder what he's listening to… :tongue:

Comment by Elle
In September 4, 2007 @ 5:01 pm

Yeah, the movie was more thrilling than excellent…I agree Tini having seen the Behind-The-Scene stuff stole the momentum for me (knowing what was about to happen) Fave scene: When he throws the glass shot to the wall. Love the set photos esp. the bycicle pic. Kayla is a very lucky girl!

Comment by Holly
In September 4, 2007 @ 5:33 pm

My favorite was the chase-garage-car drop. Seeing it in full did live up to my expectations. I liked the gore, personally…I'm SO pissed that I knew about Billy getting his fingers shot off beforehand! Dammit! I do agree with everyone who says the clips were too much… I felt like I'd seen the whole first half of the movie. There were a couple of unexpected things though (like why Joe got off). Anyway. I didn't notice an accent. I'm east coast USA (Delaware), so maybe they were going for mid-Atlantic, like Jersey, etc.

Comment by Elle
In September 4, 2007 @ 5:48 pm

OMG – Not good. DS is in the Razzie site. I'm bummed for G…..

Comment by callan
In September 4, 2007 @ 6:08 pm

fave scene is when they play Hendrix and Garrett is walking to see john goodman. i litterally melted in my seat- great hendrix song+ garrett= amazing

Comment by Holly
In September 4, 2007 @ 6:10 pm

Pf, the razzies only picked it because of its Tomatometer rating (which has been rising)… nothing about them actually seeing it! Anyway… the bad reviews are critics trying to review it as something it is not, and many of them seem to be disgusted by the graphic violence and expecting something like an episode of "Law & Order" or something. Whatev. Clearly, they're not who it's meant for. So only like 20% of critics got it… wouldn't be the first time.

Comment by Mickey aka JackDrinksJack
In September 4, 2007 @ 6:40 pm

I agree with tini…i thought the movie was too short considering the plot, so that kind of threw me off, but I'd see it again just for Garrett. He was downright scary and I LOVED IT!!! I love when he shows up for the first time and they play that dramatic music in the background. *sigh* I know he;s a criminal but he's a damn good-looking one! As for some people saying it was too violent, what else do they expect from the director of SAW? Duh! Oh by the way, Garrett, here's your fingers :tongue: lol!

Comment by Holly
In September 4, 2007 @ 7:33 pm

There will be a Director's Cut. It's planned. So there is a longer version. I'd like to see maybe more between Billy and Bones and a longer climax, but I actually don't think this kind of pulpy ultraviolent movie should run over two hours. It should be BAM!-BAM!-BAM! – which is how it pretty much was.

Comment by Jennifer
In September 4, 2007 @ 8:12 pm

I really like it, although I do think that the ending was a bit rushed, they could have made it longer but I loved the ending with Garrett & Kevin, that was great. It was a great action film, plus Garrett as a bod boy, OMG HOTNESS! He was so hot like woah! Although his character was really bad, I liked him lol. And the Hendrix song they played while Billy was walking to meet up with Bones, which song is it? And does anyone know the song they played at the ending?

Comment by Em
In September 4, 2007 @ 8:21 pm

Hey guys– I'm from New England and that is a 100% Boston accent. Just thought I'd let you know. :) I would also like to say the scene when his buddies are raising their glasses and he comes in and spazzes out is my favorite scene. Awesome actor. :)

Comment by Holly
In September 4, 2007 @ 9:04 pm

Didn't sound Boston to me. Billy pronounces his Rs. He didn't say, like, "I'm taking the cah." I've lived in Boston myself… I dunno, I don't think they wanted any city-specific accent, because it's didn't take place in any specific city.

Comment by Mickey aka JackDrinksJack
In September 4, 2007 @ 9:55 pm

LMAO I can't picture Garrett saying "I'm taking the cah."

Comment by Em
In September 4, 2007 @ 10:16 pm

Well I pronounce most of my R's… I drop some other letters. It really sounded like a New England accent or a NY accent… but I guess we can't be too sure! Whatever the hell it was, it was sexy. :)

Comment by Holly
In September 4, 2007 @ 10:46 pm

Maybe lower NE (outside Boston)/NY State/NJ? (I did not hear Maryland, either – he didn't say, "you sit around take-in (tokin') it up," either ;)). It was definitely East Coast Mid/North.

Comment by Tini
In September 4, 2007 @ 11:09 pm

Callan! Omg! The way he walked in to see his dad.. that was a great walk.. *tini's eyes pop out* All the background music suited the movie, loved it :D

Comment by Jennifer
In September 4, 2007 @ 11:17 pm

Ya the background music did suit it well but I want to know what Hendrix song they played & the song that played at the end, they sound so familiar.

Comment by Em
In September 4, 2007 @ 11:43 pm

The only song I know from the movie is Alright by Pilot Speed. I believe that was used in the ending with Nick and Billy.

Comment by Olivia
In September 7, 2007 @ 4:41 am

Do you also realize that Matt O'Leary is the kid from My Mom's Got A Date With A Vampire. lol. the Disney chanel movie hehehe. Funny

Comment by Jennifer
In September 7, 2007 @ 7:00 pm

haha ya, isnt he from Spy Kids 3D too?

[Reply]

Comment by kristal (foxfire)
In September 7, 2007 @ 8:49 pm

oh yeah!! ive seen that Olivia!! i was like WOAH HES THE GUY FROM THE DISNEY MOVIE!! lol

Comment by Jennifer
In September 12, 2007 @ 8:42 pm

If anyones wondering, the Hendrix song that plays in the film when Billy goes to see his father is "Hey Joe"